If the property purchase involves a building that needs renovations, Italian legislation, on an annual basis, offers opportunities for savings. This allows you to significantly renovate a property, increasing its value, almost for free.
Here are some of the most recent regulations:
- “Superbonus” is an unprecedented tax break that covers 110% of qualifying expenditures of the costs of energy efficiency and structural seismic improvements of Italian properties. These renovation works need to be incurred between 1st July 2020 and 31st December 2021;
- “Bonus Facciate” This bonus consists of a tax deduction, to be divided into 10 constant annual installments, equal to 90% of the expenses incurred in 2020 and 2021 for interventions aimed at the recovery or restoration of the external facade of existing buildings located in certain areas;
- The 7% flat tax regime is applicable to international individuals that retire in South of Italy with a foreign pension income;
- Flat taxation at 100.000 € per year for those international individuals that transfer their residency in Italy, independently of their incomes and turnover. Their family members will pay 25.000 € each per year;
- A 90% exemption available to those who move their residence in the South of Italy (ex. Sardinia). This tax break is very wide, in fact, it applies to income from employment (or an equivalent activity), to directorships, and to self-employment.
Interested on how to use these fiscal bonuses in Italy? Contact us for more information